Pivot offers custom creative and effective ad formats that engage conscious consumers and connect them to socially conscious brands.
Digital Delivery Procedure
Pivot Delivery Materials
Master files delivered to Pivot must adhere to the Master Format Specs detailed below. Files delivered to Pivot undergo a precertification process to ensure that the structural integrity (codec, aspect ratio, frame rate, etc.) and quality control issues (artifacts, freeze frames, volume) meet broadcast standards. In the event of file rejection, producers will be sent a report and are required to correct rejected files before the program is accepted for air.
Additional Media Deliverables
Note that all media should be delivered as electronic files (with the exception of screeners) via pivot’s hosted FTP, details to be provided during the precertification process.
Additional Media Deliverables include:
- Split tracks of the program delivered as unique .AAIF files.
- Music with Stems - one file containing all music elements and stems.
- Effects - one file containing all sound effects.
- Dialogue - one file containing all dialogue.
- Narration/VO - one file containing all narration (if applicable).
- One version of the master in QuickTime ProRes 422 HQ 1920x1080 in the show’s native frame rate with uncompressed, PCM, 24bit, 48kHz audio in the following layout:
- Ch1: Stereo Full Mix Left.
- Ch2: Stereo Full Mix Right.
- Ch3: Stereo M&E Left.
- Ch4: Stereo M&E Right.
- Textless version of the master following Air Master MXF format.
- Key art.
- Any logos as stand alone vector graphics in an EPS format.
- High Res still images (300 dpi resolution) cleared for all media including print.
- Press kit.
- Short synopsis (maximum 250 characters).
- Long synopsis (maximum 2000 characters).
- Keywords (Minimum of 5, no maximum).
- Cast List.
- Cast Bios.
- As Broadcast Script.
- Final credit list.
- Music cue sheet.
- Electronic cut sheet.
- Source Tape Log (for content originating on tape formats).
- All broadcast masters and additional deliverables must be uploaded to Participant’s Aspera server.
- Please contact Media Operations for assistance with setting up your Aspera connection.
- Please note that we will not accept third party download links (e.g. Hightail, Dropbox, WeTransfer, Vimeo) due to security issues.
- To ensure proper delivery of the final masters, we require a test of one file (minimum continuous five minutes of sync sound and picture) to ensure the production’s ability to meet Pivot’s technical specs.
- This test file must be delivered through Aspera.
- In the event of file rejection, producers will be sent a report and are required to correct and redeliver rejected files.
- Once the test file has passed quality control and has been approved you may move forward with delivery of all master files through the Aspera connection.
- Upon completion of each upload, please notify Media Operations and your Pivot executive via email of the delivery.
- Only in the event of delivery issues related to the Aspera connection, Pivot will accept a hard drive delivery.
If you have any technical questions or require assistance with the delivery process, please contact Media Operations at:
Master Format Specs
- One asset per file.
- No bars/tone, black, slates! or countdowns!
- Active video starts at 01:00:00;00. Programs ending with any fade or dissolve should end on a frame of black.
- All contents of file will playout on air.
- File name should be <HOUSE#>.mxf (example HS000123.mxf).
- File names may only consist of uppercase alphanumeric values (A…Z, 0…9). No other characters or spaces are allowed.
- OP1a MXF Container conforming with XDCAM HD422 specifications (per SMPTE RDDX9).
- MPEGX2 Video.
- a) 1920x1080i at 29.97fps.
- b) 4:2:2 Chroma.
- c) 50 Mbps CBR.
- d) Long GOP (12 frame).
- Closed Captions must be formatted as per EIAX708XB specs, and be embedded as a SMPTE 436M track. Converting EIAX 608 closed captions and placing the valid closed captions data packets in both the 608 and 708 data space is acceptable.
- NTSC Drop-Frame time code, continuous.
- 8 Channels of Audio.
- 24 bit depth.
- 48 KHz sample rate.
- –20dBfs Digital Audio Level.
- Audio mix should be measured to have a Dialnorm value of –24 Leq(A).
- Channel mapping for 2-channel stereo content.
- 1–Left Stereo.
- 2–Right Stereo.
- 3–Mute of Sound (MOS).
Adobe Premiere Project Screen
- Use NTSC Drop-Frame Time Code, starting at 01:00:00.00.
- If the title contains audible non-English language in any form in which the information given is crucial to the understanding of the narrative, either an English translated subtitle or voice over is required to be present on the media for the duration of the audible non-English language.
- Closed Captions must be embedded in a SMPTE 436M VANC track containing both 608 and 708 data.
- Start time of caption data must align with the overall timecode (01:00:00.00).
Content is not required to be 4x3 safe.
LOWER 3rd/SNIPE Placement
- Pivot uses the area marked below 188px for promo snipes and Social Action content (see example).
- Do not sacrifice creative for this; however please be aware there must be clean air to insert these graphics during the program.